https://fun2befitnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/egg.png 910 1024 Christine Oakes https://www.fun2befitnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Logo2.png Christine Oakes2017-03-01 19:18:542018-01-05 18:56:00Quick Eats: Veggies With Soft-Cooked Eggs
Life is busy! We all want to eat healthy, but need something quick. Here is a favorite go to for me when I am short on time & need to fill my belly.
- 3-4c of your favorite veggies (chopped)
- 1c beans (butter beans, garbanzo beans)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c cooked quinoa
- 2T olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 sheets of parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, take your favorite (or whatever is in your fridge) chopped veggies and put in bowl. Some repeat offenders I use are green beans, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers. Add your beans to the mix.
- Toss the veggie & bean mixture with 1-2T of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Take 2 sheets of parchment paper and divide the veggie mix to the center of each. Take opposite corners of the paper & fold over several times. Fold up the other ends to seal up the packet.
- Place each packet on a baking sheet & in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook 2 eggs over high heat for 5 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water. Carefully, peel the eggs.
- Once the veggies are cooked, open the packet & stir in the cooked quinoa. Slice open an egg over each packet & watch the yolk ooze out like gravy.
Simple, easy & clean. Enjoy!